In November 2021, we launched our From Scotland’s Young People Manifesto report. In this, you can find:
- The background to our consultation design and process
- How the manifesto was adapted for ‘unprecedented times’
- A demographics breakdown of survey respondents
Throughout the report you will also find quotes from various seldom heard groups, detailing their own views on these calls and the impact they would have on their lives.
Glossary of Terms
There are some terms and phrases in our manifesto that you may not be sure about. You can find out what they mean in our glossary.
You can also access regional reports for each of SYP’s seven regions, which provide details of the top ten issues for young people living in these areas.
Did you know SYP’s regions are slightly different than the Scottish Parliament’s? You can find the list of SYP regions here.
A huge thank you!
Thank you to the following organisations who helped us to run focus groups with the young people they work with:
- Aim High Young Parents Programme
- Enable Scotland’s Arbroath ACE Youth Group
- Enable Scotland’s Fife ACE Youth Group
- GAMH’s young carers group
- Gingerbread Fife’s Teen Parent Project
- National Deaf Children’s Society
Queen Victoria School
The Royal Caledonian Educational Trust
Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol & Drugs
Scottish Refugee Council
Thanks also to all our partners who fed into the consultation design by sharing the issues affecting the young people they work with and policy proposals they’d believe could solve them:
- Alcohol Focus Scotland
- Children 1st
- Church of Scotland
- Clan Childlaw
- Enable Scotland
- Families Outside
- LGBT Youth Scotland
- Nourish Scotland
- Scottish Refugee Council
- Stonewall Scotland
- Together Scotland
- Who Cares Scotland
- Women’s Aid Scotland